Introducing: Kevin Ramm, Global Sustainability Director
Meet Kevin Ramm, our Global Director of Sustainability. Kevin brings deep knowledge of the GHG protocols and carbon footprinting from previous roles at the likes of The Carbon Trust, SAP, and Accenture.
We are thrilled to welcome Kevin Ramm to the Manufacture 2030 team as our Global Director of Sustainability. With an impressive career history that includes roles at The Carbon Trust, SAP, Accenture, Deloitte, and Jaguar Land Rover, Kevin brings deep knowledge of the GHG protocols and carbon footprinting, as well as a wealth of expertise in digital technology innovation.
Kevin will be responsible for leading the sustainability team at M2030 and driving forward M2030's strategy on Product Carbon Footprinting (PCFs), a key area of focus, as we develop this core capability in line with market and customer needs.
Here are some quickfire facts about Kevin and his achievements to date:
- Kevin led a technical working group that drafted the ‘Reporting’ chapter of the GHG Protocol Product Standard, and subsequently co-authored the GHG Protocol Scope 3 Guidance document.
- Kevin led the Carbon Trust’s Product Carbon Footprinting solutions team and was overall product owner for a new business tool set, comprising a carbon calculator, and an emissions factor library conformant with standards.
- This initiative was aimed at providing businesses with tools and data to increase the reliability, accessibility and scalability of product carbon footprinting.
- Whilst at PepsiCo and The Carbon Trust, Kevin was also part of a team who calculated and verified the first ever on-pack carbon labels covering a vast range of FMCG products such as crisps, porridge, orange juice, milk and bread.
- Kevin spent 5 years at SAP as Sustainability Director.
- His role at SAP combined internal sustainability responsibilities (such as preparing the Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG measurement for the organization) as well as work with global businesses on pilots for embedding sustainability into their business processes.
- Kevin’s career history features the development of a number of product carbon footprinting tools for businesses – the most recent one being a tool to measure and improve farm-based GHG emissions and carbon removals in food and beverage supply chains.
- Kevin led a team that won an international competition for how digital technology might support environmental and social challenges in cities.
- Kevin achieved an overall distinction from Oxford University for his Master’s degree in Environmental Change and Management – a qualification that equipped him with the fundamentals of carbon footprinting.
We are excited to have Kevin on our team, helping us to drive decarbonization at scale across global supply chains.
Further details on our strategy for Product Carbon Footprints will be shared in the coming weeks. In the meantime, connect with Kevin or book a demo to find out about how we can help you hit your carbon reduction targets today.