Are you inspired by the prospect of joining a fast growth and market-leading tech business that’s on a mission to tackle climate change by accelerating the transition to low carbon, sustainable supply chains?
Climate change is the greatest threat of our time. Let’s solve it together.
Manufacture 2030 is a purpose-led software company. Our mission is to bring major corporations and their supply chain partners together to turn their bold carbon commitments into reality, creating a more sustainable future by 2030. Our cloud-based SaaS platform helps supply chain owners and their suppliers to measure, manage and reduce carbon emissions in line with Science Based Targets.
The Sales Manager will play a pivotal role in driving the success of our sales initiatives. Your primary responsibility will be to achieve and exceed annual sales targets by acquiring new business. You will do this by owning and progressing your own pipeline of prospects, as well as mentoring a team of sales executives.
Sales are secured from a portfolio of large manufacturing suppliers with multiple operational sites in various geographies. They are invited to join the M2030 platform by their customers, including the likes of Ford, AstraZeneca, Tesco, and Unilever, to help them meet their carbon reduction targets.
You will be responsible for the conversion of these suppliers into signed up users of the M2030 platform, ensuring the consistent growth of our supply chain customer base.
- Achieve revenue targets in alignment with the company's business plan.
- Generate high quality corporate leads within supply chains across our chosen market verticals (incl. Automotive, FMCG, Pharma and Retail).
- Lead large multi-site negotiations, taking ownership of individual supplier relationships and driving business development through proactive outreach and effective management of prospects.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the M2030 Platform and support services, and how to leverage its features to drive sales, as well as proficiency in Salesforce to manage sales pipelines and track KPIs.
- Ensure sales proposals and contractual paperwork is produced accurately and with the required approvals.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Sales & Marketing team and Key Account Managers to identify potential new clients and expand the company's sales reach.
- Provide recommendations on sales best practices and compliance as we scale our business.
- Mentor and coach the Supplier Sales team to refine their sales techniques and grow their confidence in enterprise style sales negotiations.
- Support the development of our self-signup channels with conversion rate optimisation (CRO) techniques and building out our subscription-based customer acquisition workflows.
Desired skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to rapidly build strong working relationships.
- Commercially astute and polished when presenting the company proposition.
- Ability to rapidly grasp and externalise a complex value-based sales proposition.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in English is essential.
- Attention to detail with accuracy in forecasting and pipeline management.
- Software and/or supply chain solutions sales background would be advantages.
- Ability to manage and successfully convert a pipeline or prospects.
- Ability to close larges businesses by selling to senior executives.
- Background in B2B consultative sales and relationship building.
- Previous experience of managing a sales team to targets a plus.
- Strong analytical and data-driven approach to decision-making.
- A natural attention to detail, organization, and diligence in your work.
- Experience using a CRM systems like Salesforce would be a benefit.
- A passion for and a strong commitment to the company's mission.
What you get
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their GHG emissions and wider environmental impacts on the planet.
- The chance to work alongside inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of personal responsibility given from day one.
- 25 days' annual leave (+ 8 bank holidays, and the option to buy, sell or roll annual leave over.
- Health Cash Plan and Wellbeing Plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Life Assurance.
- Volunteer days and charity matching.
- Length of service recognition.
- Gym discounts, cycle to work salary sacrifice schemes and other benefits.
- Meet fellow Climate Tech changemakers in our shared office at Sustainable Ventures, a full-service ecosystem empowering sustainable startups to scale.
Location: Hybrid (min. 3 days a week in our central London Office)
Remuneration: £50k base + commission
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
Closing Date: 3rd March 2024
How to apply
Manufacture 2030 (the sole trading company of 2degrees Ltd) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit.
Any personal data we collect from you as part of a recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR.