Product Manager - Climate Software
We're on the lookout for a candidate who is keen to develop their skills in product management.
About Manufacture 2030:
Are you inspired by the prospect of joining a fast growth and market-leading tech business that’s on a mission to tackle climate change by accelerating the transition to low carbon, sustainable supply chains?
Manufacture 2030 is a purpose-led software company. Our mission is to bring major corporations and their supply chain partners together to turn their bold carbon commitments into reality, creating a more sustainable future by 2030. Our cloud-based SaaS platform helps supply chain owners and their suppliers to measure, manage and reduce carbon emissions and other environmental impacts.
We’re looking for a quick learning, enthusiastic, and detail orientated, Software Product Manager to join the team.
This is an exciting role in our product team, suiting someone who has worked closely with a web application software development team; is used to agile working methodologies, and is keen to develop their skills in product management. Industry expertise in carbon or environmental management would be a huge bonus.
As Product Manager you’ll work in our software product team reporting to Head of Product.
It will be your responsibility to validate the business value of product ideas, interacting with both internal and external stakeholders, then to work alongside the user experience (UX/UI) and software development team to refine and document user stories to build the validated ideas.
You will take on responsibility to break down product changes into actionable increments, and prioritise these increments in the product backlog (collaborating with other product managers)
You will understand how software development teams work, and bring this to your approach, thereby helping to optimise our development efforts by bringing a high level of clarity for the developers, and ensuring ideas are well tested before being committed to software.
You will supporting testing new developments, ensuring that the M2030 platform continues to have a low instance of errors/bugs.
You’ll supporting the development team throughout the development cycle, advising, testing, and to measuring post release impact, to further refine future opportunities. The development team will rely on you to guide them on what is priority based on customer value, which you’ll determine through ongoing prioritisation and discussion with the Product Team.
- Uncover and understand customer needs, and translate them into well documented product requirements.
- Co-ordinate between internal teams, including engineers, customer success, marketing, and operations, to ensure requirements are fully understood and expectations documented.
- Validate and refine ideas, well ahead of the software development team’s involvement, including:
- Identify ways to prototype potential new features.
- Document customer value.
- Identify edge cases, and business logic.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Review impact of released product features, and identify opportunities to further improve and optimise them.
- Provide detailed technical support and training for the customer success team.
- Provide detailed testing support for the software development team.
- Follow competitors and assess their capabilities/strengths/weaknesses.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- One or more year of experience working closely with software development teams.
- This could be as a developer, business analyst, product manager, or other related fields.
- Experience with data analysis, database structures, and data integrations.
- Great attention to detail.
- Great listening skills.
- High levels of enthusiasm and curiosity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Interest in software development.
- Interest in carbon management.
Nice to have:
- Deep industry knowledge of carbon/environmental management.
- Data architecture experience.
- Data integrations experience.
- Multiple languages.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a good allrounder, analytical, rigorous and thorough.
You’re someone who really enjoys getting into the details of a problem, to explore solutions and think through highly specific edge cases that might arise. But you’re also comfortable contacting and listening to customers, and internal stakeholders, to determine the potential value of new changes.
You’ll enjoy looking at challenges from multiple angles, to both find new ways to solve them, and to ensure that for the chosen solution the product engineering team have a well thought through and precise set of requirements to work with.
We hope you’ll bring some relevant experience, and you’ll need to be a quicker learner to understand the existing product, and the industry context, which will help you really refine ideas based on what they can add for customers and the business.
Product managers (technical) are often former engineers, engineering graduates, scrum masters, or business analysts, keen to develop their career in product management and strategy, by using their existing technical skills and growing their business-oriented skills.
You won’t be writing code, but an understanding of how software engineers work, and understanding of technical tools and techniques would be massively beneficial.
What you get:
- The opportunity to work with a growing business aiming to make a real difference in the global fight against environmental degradation and climate change.
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future.
- Support and mentoring from an experienced product team.
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of personal responsibility given from day one.
Location: Hybrid: Ideally ~2 days a week in the Oxford office.
Remuneration: £35k - 45k depending on experience.
Tenure: Full time
Reporting to: Head of Product
Closing Date: 28th February, however, appointment made as soon as great candidate found.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com
Manufacture 2030 (the sole trading company of 2degrees Ltd) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit. Any personal data we collect from you as part of a recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR.