Non-Executive Chair of the Board of Directors
We're looking for a Non-Executive Chair of the Board of Directors to join our rapidly growing team at Manufacture 2030.
About Manufacture 2030:
Manufacture 2030 is a fast-growing B2B ‘climate tech’ software business focused on reducing carbon emissions in global manufacturing supply chains. We are currently seeking a highly experienced Chair to support our ambitious growth plans. With the completion of our Series A funding round, we are now seeking to scale our organisation and build on our market dominance in four global sectors: automotive, FMCG, pharma, and grocery retail (UK).
As Chair, you will play a crucial role in increasing the effectiveness of the Board and enabling the business to achieve its considerable potential. You will work closely with the CEO, other Directors and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the effective management of the company and support its ambitious scale-up plans. These include:
- Building revenue by leveraging our leadership position in our current market sectors and adding 2 to 3 more sectors.
- Doubling staff numbers over the next 12 months:
- Expanding our sales and customer success presence in USA.
- Building a customer success capability and presence in Asia.
- Increasing software and product development capacity.
- Continuing to make strategic investments into our product whilst developing new service offerings that exploit our unique and valuable data.
- Increasing our ARR by over 10 times in the next few years.
- Getting to cash positive within the next 2 years.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in scaling fast growth B2B software businesses internationally, having held CEO and/or Chair roles previously. While direct experience of the climate tech and sustainability market is not essential, it is important that you are motivated by our mission. We value diversity for its ability to bring different experience and perspectives to bear on the challenge of leadership and so welcome applications from women and minorities.
- Leading, chairing and overseeing the performance of the Board.
- Running monthly board meetings and ensuring the leadership team is accountable.
- Ensuring effective communications with shareholders.
- Providing support, mentoring and supervision to the CEO and senior team to scale the business and achieve its ambitions.
- Addressing board-level conflict to help create the best possible operating environment.
- Overseeing governance in the organisation.
- Working with the Board to review the structure of the leadership team and ensure it is fit for purpose as the business scales.
- Sitting on grievance and appeal panels when necessary.
- Acting impartially at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in scaling fast growth B2B software businesses internationally, having held CEO and/or Chair roles previously.
- Motivated by the mission of Manufacture 2030.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in corporate governance and risk management.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and advice to the CEO and other board members.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Comfortable with very high pace of growth.
What you get:
An opportunity to:
- Lead a company that is working with some of the world’s largest manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their GHG emissions.
- Help build a game changing software company and make it a global market leader.
- Work with a dynamic, enterprising and energetic leadership team.
- Make a big contribution in the fight against climate change.
Location: Headquarters, Summertown, Oxford, UK
Tenure: Non-executive, TBD
How to apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com
Manufacture 2030 (the sole trading company of 2degrees Ltd) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit.
Any personal data we collect from you as part of a recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR.