Data Integration Specialist
Are you an experienced Data Integration Specialist? If so, why not take a look at this role?
About Manufacture 2030:
Manufacture 2030 is a fast-growth purpose-led company working to accelerate progress towards the necessary carbon reduction targets needed to tackle the biggest challenge of our time. Our unique software platform and dedicated support services help global companies understand and reduce the Scope 3 emissions, and other environmental impacts, in their supply chains at scale.
We’re now on the hunt for an experienced, pragmatic and enthusiastic Data Integration Specialist. Reporting into our Head of DataOps, this person will take be responsible for ensuring the smooth, accurate and timely transfer of data between the key systems in our technical landscape. As a typical rapidly expanding start-up, many key processes remain manual, with some data edge cases becoming more and more frequent. We are embarking on a program of automation and quality improvement in all areas. Providing clean, robust data interfaces will be a key part of this journey. It will be made more challenging by the need to handle those edge cases, while we work in parallel to eliminate them.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape our future infrastructure. Nothing is set in stone. All options are on the table. Balancing the immediate needs of the business with a longer term scalable plan will be key.
Does finding a clean, well-documented API or ETL pipeline make your day? Are you annoyed with inefficient processes or data inconsistencies and itch to dive in and fix them. Are you able to see the bigger picture, but pragmatic enough to know what needs fixing now? Do you thrive working at pace, yet are able to maintain your meticulous attention to detail?
Our business is built on data. It is the heart of everything we do. Come and use your talents to enable us ensure that the data we have can make the world a better place.
- Understand and map the data flows between our systems, both current status and the future target model.
- In collaboration with the engineers of these systems, design and build robust and scalable interfaces between them so that the data we need is where we need it, when we need it and consistent across the company.
- Ensure that data audit trails are able to continue across different systems, maintaining any necessary compliance.
- Maintain and further develop this interface so that it remains performant with continued growth as well as evolving business needs.
- Be a critical input into our data model strategy development, using your understanding of how data is used differently in the various systems. This will need to include our future development of ‘Big Data’ capabilities, in order to drive further insights from our data.
- Develop automated data integrity tools so that we can proactively find and correct inconsistent or incorrect data.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of iPaaS solution(s) such as Mulesoft, Jitterbit etc).
- Experience working with AWS database and available connectors / tools (DataBrew, Amazon S3, etc) is a plus.
- Experienced at working with data, including extraction (e.g. SQL), matching, validating and transforming.
- Knowledge of a variety of data architecture patterns and technologies, as well as the wider topics which influence selection of appropriate approaches, such as data protection requirements as well as record management aspects.
- Experience across the full project and information lifecycle.
- Experienced with Agile methodologies and development standards and best practice.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in science or engineering or other quantitative subject.
- Ability to work well in an international and multi-cultural environment. Impeccable written and spoken English, and fluency in other business languages would be an asset.
- You are an energetic person, self-starter who is self-motived with a strong work ethic.
- You feel passionate about supporting our mission to tackle climate change by helping retailers and manufacturers reduce their environmental impacts.
- A natural collaborator, able to work to solve problems with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Pragmatic, adaptable to changing requirements and able to think beyond the basic/obvious solution.
- You are well-organised, process-oriented and able to put in place a systematic approach to any task.
- You are also aware that working in a tech start-up comes with its own challenges, but are excited by the opportunities this type of environment provides.
What you get:
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their GHG emissions and wider environmental impacts on the planet.
- An opportunity to help build a game changing software company from an early stage.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of personal responsibility given from day one.
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future.
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded.
- Flexible working, competitive salary, and company pension scheme.
Location: Oxford, UK or remote, preferably UK.
Remuneration: £50k - £60k
Tenure: Full time / permanent
Reporting to: Head of Data Operations
Direct reports: None
Closing Date: 3rd February
How to apply
- Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com
- If you pass the initial screening you will be invited for 1 or 2 interviews with members of our team.