Data Insights Analyst
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic Data Insights Analyst to join our team.
About Manufacture 2030:
Manufacture 2030 is a fast-growth purpose-led company working to accelerate progress towards the necessary carbon reduction targets needed to tackle the biggest challenge of our time. Our unique software platform and dedicated support services help global companies understand and reduce the Scope 3 emissions, and other environmental impacts, in their supply chains at scale.
We’re now on the hunt for a bright, enthusiastic and intellectually curious Data Insights Analyst. Reporting into our Head of DataOps, this person will take our rapidly expanding database of corporate environmental data and develop the best ways to discover actionable insights, displaying them back to our customers in useful, visually appealing ways, enabling them to quickly understand their business impacts, as well as justifying internal time and money invested in reducing their carbon footprints.
Do you see patterns in data that others can’t? Do you enjoy slicing data by different dimensions in order to understand what’s really going on. Is David McCandless’s “Information is Beautiful” a well-thumbed copy on your bookshelf (or did you order it after clicking the link and can’t quite believe that you’ve never heard of it?)
This is an exciting role, suiting someone who wants to use their data analytical skills to present interesting stories, both internally and externally, while gaining more knowledge in sustainability and technology. If successful, you will be crucial link turning the measurement of environmental impacts into the action we need to address the carbon crisis.
- Data Storyteller, passionate about finding stories and insights in our rapidly expanding database of environmental footprints from various types of corporate clients.
- Taking ownership of aggregating, extrapolating and interpolating data from large lists of suppliers to present to supply chain owners. Will need the creativity to deal with unusual data types and complicated gap cases.
- Experience building complicated dataset structures as well as various types of visuals with BI tools like Power BI, Tableau, Quicksight.
- Quickly adapting to different database logics, brainstorming best ways to build datasets within limitations of particular tools.
- Building dashboards, charts and reports both for external use by our Sales and Marketing colleagues and for internal use to influence decision making, showcasing gaps or strengths in existing processes and business models.
- Run tests for various scenarios of implementation, uncover existing patterns and present the previously hidden connections in clients behaviour, environmental data submissions, sustainable action plans and existing reports.
- Unique opportunity to write analytical pieces based on sustainability data from thousands of companies to influence industries, presenting global stories engaging public and clients.
- Collaborating with other teams to develop metrics and dashboards to track data submission rates, cost of delivery and other key SaaS metrics and adapt the programme in line with any findings.
- Exploring modern tools and integrations potentially expanding interactivity and presentation level of the data dashboards. Opportunity to expand your knowledge and play with different visualisation tools like Power BI, Displayir, Quicksight AWS and others.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passionate belief in our mission to tackle climate change by reducing environmental impacts.
- Proven experience in data analysis work. Familiarity with tools like MatLab, Mathematica, Power BI, Tableau. Experience working with Quicksight AWS will be a benefit.
- Ability to find interesting stories in a dry dataset and visualise/communicate them.
- Command of various math methods of interpolating/ extrapolating data, removing outliers and flagging suspicious data in a large set.
- Interest in infographics, data presentation and design tools will be a plus.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in science or engineering.
- Ability to work well in an international and multi-cultural environment. Impeccable written and spoken English, and fluency in other business languages would be an asset.
- You are an energetic person, self-starter who is self-motived with a strong work ethic.
- You feel passionate about supporting our mission to tackle climate change by helping retailers and manufacturers reduce their environmental impacts.
- You have a passion for slicing datasets to find unexpected connections.
- You are well-organised, process-oriented and able to put in place a systematic approach to any task.
- You are quick and eager to learn about the world our customers inhabit, their priorities and challenges.
- You are also aware that working in a tech start-up comes with its own challenges, but are excited by the opportunities this type of environment provides.
What you get:
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their GHG emissions and wider environmental impacts on the planet.
- An opportunity to help build a game changing software company from an early stage.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of personal responsibility given from day one.
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future.
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded.
- Flexible working, competitive salary, and company pension scheme.
Location: Oxford, UK or remote, preferably UK.
Tenure: Full time / permanent
Reporting to: Head of Data Operations
Direct reports: None
Closing Date: 3rd February 2023
How to apply
- Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you pass the initial screening you will be sent an analytical task you can perform in any BI tool you are familiar with.
- If successful, you will be invited for 1 or 2 interviews with members of our team.