Coordinator - Climate Program
Why not check out this exciting role at Manufacture 2030?
About Manufacture 2030:
Climate change is the challenge our time. Let’s solve it together.
Manufacture 2030 (M2030) is a fast growth purpose-led business, aiming to help our customers massively reduce their environmental impacts. We work with some of the world’s biggest brands – including Honda, Toyota, GSK, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Kingfisher, and many more – to help them reduce the impacts in their global supply chains. Much of this is delivered through the M2030 platform, used by thousands of suppliers to track and reduce carbon and other environmental impacts.
We’re now on the hunt for a bright, enthusiastic, and motivated Coordinator to join our Climate Action Program.
The M2030 Climate Action Program provides access to events, training, funding, and great technologies, all aimed at helping our customers to accelerate the changes needed within their businesses to reduce environmental impacts. To do this, the program uses a mix of in-house skills and a growing global network of external partners. This program is provided to all those businesses utilizing the M2030 platform.
As a Coordinator you’ll support the team that delivers this program.
You will take on a range of responsibilities and tasks, including organising events, event write-ups and post event follow up to attendees, writing newsletters, researching climate issues and technologies, searching for great case studies and resources M2030 customers can utilise to help them reduce emissions, and much more.
- Assist in the organisation and delivery of top-quality events – both online and in-person – for a large global audience. For example, hosting an external partner to cover the basics of carbon reporting and management one week, then convening a round table on emerging battery technology in the automotive sector the next.
- Create eye catching communications and marketing material about the Climate Action Program for Manufacture 2030 customers.
- Conduct supplier and client interviews, and write up case studies, while helping with the overall management and dissemination of Climate Action content and resources.
- Collaborate internally with the M2030 team, to both help promote the Climate Action Program and to gather feedback to continually improve what it covers.
Required skills, experience, and attitude:
- A year or more of relevant working experience.
- Domain knowledge of Industrial Sustainability; Carbon Management; Climate Change.
- Great communication skills (written & verbal) and an eye for detail. You’ll be working with various communication tools, with customers in over 70 countries.
- Good organizational skills. You will need to stay organized to balance multiple ongoing projects with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive and hardworking. We’re a small team with big ambitions.
- Creative thinking with a problem-solving, can-do attitude. While we can take learnings from other industries, a lot of what we’re doing is new.
Beneficial extra skills and experience:
- Ability to speak/read multiple languages.
- Experience with organising & delivering online and place-based events.
- Analytical skills to help identify opportunities hidden within our customers’ data.
- CRM experience (particularly Salesforce/Pardot).
- An energetic person, who is self-motivated, with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about building great relationships, with colleagues, customers, and partners.
- A great and succinct communicator.
- Well-organised, and able to put in place a systematic approach to your work.
- Able to prioritize your time based on what is going to have the biggest impact.
- A team player.
- Passionate about making a positive difference to the climate crisis.
- Quick and eager to learn about the world our customers inhabit, their priorities and challenges.
- Motivated, not intimidated, by the challenges of working in a climate tech start-up, and the flexibility (and at times chaos) it brings.
What you get:
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their carbon emissions and wider environmental impacts.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of responsibility given from day one.
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future.
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded.
- Flexible working, competitive salary, and company pension scheme.
Location: Oxford, hybrid working available.
Remuneration: £25k - 30k
Tenure: Permanent / full time
Closing Date: 15th Feb, but the role will be filled as soon as a great candidate is found.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com
Manufacture 2030 (trading company of 2degrees Ltd) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit. Any personal data we collect from you as part of a recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR.