Climate Action Program Manager
We’re searching for a proactive, hardworking, and creative-thinking Climate Action Program Manager to lead our Climate Action Program.
About Manufacture 2030:
Climate change is the greatest threat of our time. Let’s solve it together.
Manufacture 2030 (M2030) is a fast growth purpose-led business, aiming to help our customers massively reduce their environmental impacts. We work with some of the world’s biggest brands – including Honda, Toyota, GSK, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Kingfisher, and many more – to help them reduce the emissions in their global supply chains. Much of this is delivered through the M2030 platform, used by thousands of suppliers to track and reduce carbon and other environmental impacts.
We’re now on the hunt for a bright, enthusiastic, and motivated Climate Action Program Manager to lead our Climate Action Program.
The M2030 Climate Action Program provides access to events, training, funding, and great technologies, all aimed at helping thousands of our customers to accelerate the changes needed within their businesses to reduce environmental impacts. To do this, the program uses a mix of in-house skills and a growing global network of external partners. This program is provided to all those businesses utilizing the M2030 platform.
As a Climate Action Program Manager you’ll lead the team that designs this program.
- Lead a small but growing team of Climate Action Program Coordinators and Execs, including recruiting in the US and Asia in 2023.
- Devise and deliver a program of support that helps thousands of M2030’s customers accelerate their implementation of impact reduction projects, by providing supporting training, partners, and other services.
- Identify opportunities to deliver top quality events – webinars and in-person – for a global audience, organising and delivering them to large audiences. For example, this might be training in the basics of carbon reporting and management one week, then a focus on emerging battery technology in the automotive sector the next.
- Find industry experts who can provide knowledge and support to M2030 customers - be it on the events, or through the services they provide - creating a network of partnerships to enable the program.
- Develop new partnership models and opportunities that help to grow M2030 and provide value to our customers using the Climate Action Program.
- Devise and pilot new service opportunities with partner organisations. For example, the program is currently piloting providing direct access to green finance opportunities in the US with an established partner.
- Collaborate internally with the M2030 team of account managers, to both help promote the Climate Action Program, and to gather feedback to continually improve what it covers.
- Tracking the program’s impacts, and continually improving outcomes it can deliver.
Required skills, experience, and attitude:
- Experience leading or coordinating a team in a complex environment.
- Great communication skills (written & verbal). You’ll be working with various communication tools, to support customers in over 70 countries.
- Project management and good organizational skills. You need to stay organized to balance multiple ongoing projects with a range of internal and external stakeholders – including organising events, contacting new partners, tracking program impacts.
- Proactive and hardworking. We’re a small team with big ambitions.
- Creative and problem-solving thinking. While we can take learnings from other industries, a lot of what we’re trying to do is new, so identifying opportunities and working out how we can pilot ways to solve them, will be vital.
- Domain knowledge and working experience in any of: Industrial Sustainability; Carbon Management; Climate Change; Engineering; or the pharmaceutical/automotive/retail/FMCG sectors.
Beneficial extra skills and experience:
- Speaking/reading multiple languages.
- Experience working in EU/US/Asia – all of which are areas the team covers.
- Experience with organising & delivering online events.
- Salesforce and Pardot experience.
- An energetic person, who is self-motivated, with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about building great relationships, with colleagues, customers, and partners.
- A great and succinct communicator.
- A strategic problem solver.
- Well-organised, and able to put in place a systematic approach to your work.
- Able to prioritize your time based on what is going to have the biggest impact.
- A team player.
- Passionate about making a positive difference to the climate crisis.
- Quick and eager to learn about the world our customers inhabit, their priorities and challenges.
- Motivated, not intimidated, by the challenges of working in a climate-tech start-up, and the flexibility (and at times chaos) it brings.
What you get:
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their carbon emissions and wider environmental impacts.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of responsibility given from day one.
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a sustainable future.
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded.
- Flexible working, competitive salary, and company pension scheme.
Location: Oxford, hybrid working available.
Tenure: Permanent / full-time
Closing Date: 31st August but we will be reviewing applications and interviewing as we receive them, to fill the role as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com
Manufacture 2030 (trading company of 2degrees Ltd) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit. Any personal data we collect from you as part of a recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR.