Climate Action Manager
Come and join our fast-growing, purpose-led business as a Climate Action Manager.
Climate change is the challenge of our time. Let’s solve it together.
Manufacture 2030 is a fast growth purpose-led company accelerating global progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We provide companies of all sizes with the certainty they need to hit GHG emissions reduction targets, be it a global corporation or an SME within their supply chain. Our unique software platform and support services help measure, manage and reduce environmental impact in line with the latest climate science at a global scale. We give our clients in the pharmaceutical, chemical, retail, automotive and fast-moving consumer goods sectors the confidence they need to hit their carbon reduction targets, while offering their suppliers the opportunity to enhance their operational efficiency, procure more sustainably and drive down costs.
We’re now on the hunt for an enthusiastic and motivated Climate Action Manager to join our Customer Success team, supporting the growth of our business and managing supplier engagement and reduction activities. This role would suit someone with a passion for and strong knowledge of sustainability who has already developed a couple of years’ experience in a client-facing delivery role.
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, leading post-sale relationship especially focused on helping suppliers to access our climate action products and services to drive emissions reductions.
- Be an expert in our environmental support services (digital action support, webinars, resources, green finance etc), building strong relationships with suppliers and advising them strategies to accelerate their environmental reductions and increase their use of our platform and services to get maximum value.
- Line manage a junior executive responsible for driving high rates of quality supplier environmental data submission and support and coach them to achieve their targets and develop their soft skills.
- Collaborate with the technical team designing our Climate Action strategy to research and deliver relevant events and content, training, services and expert partnerships for your geographical portfolio of suppliers.
- Undertake periodic horizon scanning for environmental legislation that could affect your supplier portfolio in their particular regions and industries.
- Research and pioneer innovative methods to drive supplier improvement and engagement in our Climate Action product and services, especially finding ways to enable and lead supplier collaboration opportunities to share learning and knowledge.
- Organise and run training for manufacturing site teams and solve adoption challenges, thereby helping to delight key clients and support renewal and upsell.
- Build strong relationships with site level engineering teams and corporate sustainability teams to collect feedback to inform product and service development and customer engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with the Data Ops team to develop metrics and dashboards to track platform usage and supplier engagement in support activities and their impact on driving tangible reductions.
- Liaise with Data Ops team to make sense of and add value to supplier data, generating insights and utilising them to improve support activities and increase customer satisfaction.
- Be ultimately accountable for ensuring your portfolio of suppliers is submitting high quality environmental data, is engaging with our products and service to drive rapid emissions reductions and is an advocate for our product and services.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passionate belief in our mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills, with impeccable written and spoken English, and a positive, confident phone manner.
- Fluency in other languages would be a big bonus especially French, Chinese, Spanish and German.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in environmental science.
- Experience of account managing corporate clients and building strong relationships with them to drive effective delivery.
- Experience of working in a software company or encouraging/training clients to use software would be an asset.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- A good knowledge or interest in sustainability and manufacturing as well as technology.
- Experience of designing and running a communications campaign and undertaking outreach via email and phone.
- A natural attention to detail, organisation and diligence in the way you work.
To be successful in this role, you have to be an energetic person with a strong customer focus. You are passionate about supporting our mission and helping manufacturers to reduce their costs and global climate impacts. You will need to be able to talk confidently to manufacturing site managers and engineers as well as senior corporate executives, understand their world and their challenges.
You will need excellent communication skills and strong knowledge of sustainability and environmental emissions reduction methods, be able to learn fast about the world our customers inhabit, and their priorities, and be prepared to challenge customer thinking. As we grow and scale as a business the aforementioned responsibilities are likely to evolve and develop and you should feel comfortable to adapt and grow with the role.
What you get
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their GHG emissions and wider environmental impacts on the planet.
- An opportunity to help build a game changing software company from an early stage.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of personal responsibility given from day one.
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future.
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded.
- Exposure to the world of corporate sustainability strategies, their barriers and opportunities.
Location: Oxford, UK or remote
Tenure: Full time / permanent
Reporting to: PM – Climate Action team
Closing Date: 8th December
How to apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org