Climate Action Executive
Could you be our new Climate Action Executive? Learn all about this exciting role here.
What you get
- Friendly work environment.
- UK Remote and/or UK hybrid working options available.
- Holiday entitlement rising by 1 day for every 2 years of service (max 5 days).
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- £23,000 - £27,000 salary dependant on experience.
- Company pension.
- Use any fluent multi-lingual skills you have (we are always looking for people fluent in other languages). We are currently looking for a Spanish speaker and a Chinese speaker for a couple of the roles.
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their GHG emissions and wider environmental impacts on the planet.
- An opportunity to help build a game changing software company from an early stage.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of personal responsibility given from day one.
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future.
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded.
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, supporting post-sale relationship including set-up, training, liaising with suppliers to improve environmental data accuracy.
- Be the go-to person for customer questions or support needs covering everything from setting up new users and checking account settings, to more technical questions around environmental data.
- Handle customer support queries across all channels including email, phone, online chat etc.
- Responsible for maximising environmental data submission rates and accuracy in your portfolio of suppliers.
- Gain an understanding of suppliers’ challenges and pain points and feed these into the Product and Customer Teams to assist product, communications and service development for upsell and renewals.
- Effectively communicate the company vision and value proposition for reducing carbon. emissions in global manufacturing through the delivery of compelling product demonstrations and training sessions to supplier clients.
- Draft and deliver communications to suppliers including via email/phone/online guides/videos to ensure suppliers are adequately trained on using our tool and have a smooth and streamlined experience during set-up, data input and reporting.
- Keep on top of all incoming customer support tickets and queries and deliver a best-in-class response rate.
To be successful in this role, you have to be an energetic person with a strong customer focus. You are passionate about supporting our mission and helping manufacturers to reduce their costs and global climate impacts. You will need to be able to talk confidently to manufacturing site managers and engineers as well as senior corporate executives, understand their world and their challenges.
You will need excellent communication skills, be able to learn fast about the world our customers inhabit, and their priorities, and be prepared to challenge customer thinking. As we grow and scale as a business the aforementioned responsibilities are likely to evolve and develop and you should feel comfortable to adapt and grow with the role.
Language requirements: We are currently looking for a Spanish speaker and a Chinese speaker for a couple of the positions available.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passionate belief in our mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills, with impeccable written and spoken English, and a positive, confident phone manner.
- Fluency in other languages would be a big bonus especially French, Chinese, Spanish and German.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in environmental science.
- Any experience of customer service would be an asset.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- A keen interest in sustainability and manufacturing as well as technology.
- Experience of designing and running a communications campaign and undertaking outreach via email and phone.
- A natural attention to detail, organisation and diligence in the way you work.
About Manufacture 2030:
Climate change is the greatest threat of our time. Let’s solve it together.
Manufacture 2030 is a fast growth purpose-led company accelerating global progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We provide companies of all sizes with the certainty they need to hit GHG emissions reduction targets, be it a global corporation or an SME within their supply chain. Our unique software platform and support services help measure, manage and reduce environmental impact in line with the latest climate science at a global scale. We give our clients in the pharmaceutical, chemical, retail, automotive and fast-moving consumer goods sectors the confidence the need to hit their carbon reduction targets, while offering their suppliers the opportunity to enhance their operational efficiency, procure more sustainably and drive down costs.
We have a track record of pioneering new ways to spread sustainable practices across manufacturing supply chains around the world. We partnered with global brands and worked with thousands of their manufacturing suppliers, down to the plant level, to reduce environmental impact. Not everything we have tried has worked, but a lot has. And we made it our mission to learn even more. Four years ago we brought all the best bits together and launched Manufacture 2030. Our name was specifically chosen to align with the Sustainable Development Goals, intended to be achieved by 2030 and defined as ‘the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.’ We are a purpose-driven and dedicated team of genuinely nice people who love what they do. We all share one common value – the determination to reduce global impacts on our environment and support our clients’ carbon reduction targets.
We’re now on the hunt for an enthusiastic and motivated Climate Action Executive to join our Climate Action Team, supporting the growth of our business and managing supplier engagement and being the first point of contact for supplier queries about our product and service. This is an entry level role, ideal for someone passionate about sustainability who wants to gain experience in their first customer-facing role.
Location: Oxford, UK or remote (but based in UK)
Tenure: Full time / permanent
Reporting to: Climate Action Manager
Closing Date: 5th August 2022
How to apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com