Client Delivery Manager
We’re seeking energetic, self-motivated and experienced Client Delivery Managers to increase the positive impact of our services.
About Manufacture 2030:
Manufacture 2030 is a fast growth purpose-led company accelerating global progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We provide companies of all sizes with the certainty they need to hit GHG emissions reduction targets, be it a global corporation or an SME within their supply chain. Our unique software platform and support services help measure, manage and reduce environmental impact in line with the latest climate science at a global scale. We give our clients in the pharmaceutical, chemical, retail, automotive and fast-moving consumer goods sectors the confidence the need to hit their carbon reduction targets, while offering their suppliers the opportunity to enhance their operational efficiency, procure more sustainably and drive down costs.
We have a track record of pioneering new ways to spread sustainable practices across manufacturing supply chains around the world. We partnered with global brands and worked with thousands of their manufacturing suppliers, down to the plant level, to reduce environmental impact. Not everything we have tried has worked, but a lot has. And we made it our mission to learn even more. Four years ago we brought all the best bits together and launched Manufacture 2030. Our name was specifically chosen to align with the Sustainable Development Goals, intended to be achieved by 2030 and defined as ‘the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.’ We are a purpose-driven and dedicated team of genuinely nice people who love what they do. We all share one common value – the determination to reduce global impacts on our environment and support our clients’ carbon reduction targets. Find out more about us here.
We’re now on the hunt for enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced Client Delivery Managers to increase the positive impact of our services through outstanding deliverables aimed at supporting the Scope 3 decarbonisation of the client’s supply chain. We are currently seeking 2-3 Client Delivery Managers, one per industry vertical – automotive, pharma/chemical, and FMCG.
Reporting into our Head of Partnerships, these are exciting roles for candidates with a keen interest in sustainability and technology who also have strong partnership and account-management experience. The incumbent will be an active member of our externally facing team and will be seen as an expert in sustainable supply chains and driving Scope 3 emissions reductions in a particular industry. This role will work closely with stakeholders across our business to deliver an excellent product and service to our clients. We actively encourage applications from people working in NGOs and mission driven organizations. Experience in a commercial organization is not essential, and can be learnt if you have enthusiasm to join us in building the business.
- Delivering work packages to our key supply chain owner clients to ensure their delight with our software and service and delivery towards their Scope 3 decarbonisation roadmap.
- Building trust-based relationships with key executives (Sustainability, Procurement, CSR, EHS, Supply Chain) within the key accounts.
- Driving and implementing effective roll out strategies of Manufacture 2030’s solution within a portfolio of key accounts.
- Supporting the Head of Partnerships to manage a ‘community’ of supply chain owners in the industry who are members of Manufacture 2030 to ensure consistency of approach, influencing product and service development and scope opportunities for wider business development.
- Working to ensure the tone and brand of the supply chain owner client comes through in each campaign by acting as the 'internal client' in commissioning work packages.
- Tracking key programme metrics and specified targets such as those surrounding supplier conversion rates and progress stats and collating and presenting clients with key deliverables including reports, insights, trends etc.
- Closely monitoring, analysing and acting on key customer data points and metrics to ensure adoption success, improve customer experience and relationships.
- Providing insights to supply chain owner clients to help them gain more from Manufacture 2030 services and accelerate their environmental improvements, and providing our internal team with insights from customers to guide our learning and product development.
- Working in partnership with the Marketing Team to ensure programme evidence and client case studies and success stories are used to leverage future growth.
- Supporting the development and implementation of our supplier improvement programme, including planning and delivering sectoral or country/language specific content and events and feeding insights from clients into the improvement programme to inform content and events.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passionate belief in our mission to tackle climate change by reducing environmental impacts.
- Proven experience of managing large corporate client accounts and delivering environmental sustainability and GHG emissions reductions projects especially concerning Scope 3.
- Experience assisting clients to adopt environmental software solutions or implementing behaviour change programmes would be an asset.
- Data and excel literacy and confidence with building client reports and telling stories from data.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in environmental science, manufacturing or engineering.
- Ability to work well in an international and multi-cultural environment. Impeccable written and spoken English, and fluency in other business languages would be an asset.
- You are an energetic person who is self-motived with a strong work ethic.
- You feel passionate about supporting our mission to tackle climate change by helping retailers and manufacturers reduce their environmental impacts.
- You have excellent communication skills and must be able to talk confidently to senior executives from large global brands.
- You are quick and eager to learn about the world our customers inhabit, their priorities and challenges, and are prepared to challenge their thinking.
- You understand when to listen, how to empathise and when to ask questions that help us and them qualify and quantify the opportunity of working together.
- You are also aware that working in a tech start-up comes with its own challenges, but are excited by the opportunities this type of environment provides.
What you get:
- The opportunity to work with global manufacturing brands and their suppliers, helping them to significantly reduce their GHG emissions and wider environmental impacts on the planet.
- An opportunity to help build a game changing software company from an early stage.
- A culture of empowerment, with high levels of personal responsibility given from day one.
- The opportunity to work with inspirational colleagues who are highly passionate and motivated by a belief that the work they do positively contributes to a more sustainable future.
- An environment where new ideas and innovation are encouraged and rewarded.
- Flexible working, competitive salary, and company pension scheme.
Location: Oxford or potentially flexible in UK
Remuneration: £35-40k dependent on experience
Tenure: Full time / permanent
Reporting to: Head of Partnerships
Closing Date: 25th July 2022 but we will be reviewing applications and interviewing as we receive them to fill the roles as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com